Inveterari

Nothing Serious - Just Life

Madhyantar se Mahashoonya tak
Saal ha saal ki tallash ke baad, Zindagi ke chaman se chhante hain;
Aapko chahiye tau pesh karoon, mere daaman mein chand kaante hai.

My Photo
Name:

The Ghost Who Talks...

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Lemonade - with a pinch of salt.

Someone used to say - If life gives you lemons, make lemonades out of it.

I did try it, and now I wonder, what do i do with all this lemonade. Bottle it, preserve it, store it, and take a glass of it whenever I am thirsty. So much stock of lemonade, god, it would last a lifetime I guess.

जब जिस वक़्त किसी का, यार जुदा होता है,
कुछ ने पूछों यारों दिल का, हाल बुरा होता है,

दिल पे यादों के जैसे, तीर चलते हें,

दिए जलते हें, फूल खिलते हें,
बड़ी मुश्किल से मगर ,
दुनिया मैं दोस्त मिलते हें।

The voice of kishore kumar, and the music of R.D. seems to go deep through the ears and touch the heart. Walking with kishore kumar in my earphones has always made me feel the reflections of so many emotions at the same time. Yet, each time, it is something that reflects the present. Nowhere, none of the songs looks like a song from the past. They are like my daily bread that i fill myself with.

Rightnow, the song which is playing is from a movie called anurodh.

यारों का गम क्या होता है, मालुम ना था अनजाने को,
साहिल पे खडे हो कर हमने देखा अक्सर तूफानों को,
अबके शायद हम भी डूबें, मौजों के सफीने मैं।

Guess I had never known the pain of my friends, as I always saw the tempests standing from the shores. But this time, maybe I would drown too, in an array of tides.

जब दर्द नहीं था सीने मे, तब ख़ाक मज़ा था जीने मे।

---

The next song started in the meantime, one of my favourites, since many many years. I can hear my mind applauding to the sheer genius of kishore kumar, when he sung this one. Anyone who has ever heard this song can feel the sting in it.

मेरे महबूब, क़यामत होगी, ...........

There is nothing that can be said about this one. Just humm the words in the heart and feel the song get down the gut. It is like taking life with a pinch of salt.

Adding salt to the lemonade was never so much of fun।

--

And now, something i remember from Gulzaar

Shaam se aankh mein nami si hai,
aaj phir aap ki kami si hai

Koi rishtaa nahin raha lekin,
Ek taslim laazmi si hai.

--

Shabba-a-khair

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home