Inveterari

Nothing Serious - Just Life

Madhyantar se Mahashoonya tak
Saal ha saal ki tallash ke baad, Zindagi ke chaman se chhante hain;
Aapko chahiye tau pesh karoon, mere daaman mein chand kaante hai.

My Photo
Name:

The Ghost Who Talks...

Sunday, June 10, 2007

अब तक दिल-ए-खुश्फहम को तुझ से हें उम्मीदें

Was reading the works of Ahmed Faraz today, came across the ever popular ghazal penned by him - रंजिश ही सही ... The shayari has been so perfect and feelings have been so well expressed. God, how do these men get such perfect words to match what they had felt at that moment, for which they wrote such words.

So I sat down to search the ghazal in my music collection, as it had been quite a few years I had heard this one. Soon, it was playing in my eardrums, stirring my soul. I guess, tonight would be dedicated to multiple sessions of this ghazals and maybe similars.

The verse goes like ...

रंजिश ही सही, दिल ही दुखाने के लिए आ,
आ फिर से मुझे छोड़ के जाने के लिए आ।

I know you are angry, so come to hurt my heart.
Come over - to leave me once more.. come over.

The way Mehndi Hassan has sung this one, it just gets deep in the cracks of the heart, touching the core. And ofcourse, the words of Faraz - आ फिर से मुझे छोड़ के जाने के लिए आ ... brings out the pain of longing like anything.

The ghazal seeped in, and most verses, flowed like always. The ones that pinched deeper were those...

कुछ तो मेरे पिन्दारे मोह्हबत का भरम रख,
तू भी तो कभी मुझ को मनाने के लिए आ।

Keep some respect for my assumed love for you... तू भी तो कभी मुझ को मनाने के लिए आ।

इक उम्र से हो लज्ज़त-ए- गिरिया से भी महरूम,
ए राहत-ए-जान, मुझको रुलाने के लिए आ।
आ फिर से मुझे छोड़ के जाने के लिए आ।

Very ironic verse indeed. Had to hear it a few times to get the meaning well. It says.. Its been quite some time that I have not expereinced the pains of separation; so come and .. make me cry. Come, to leave me once again, come over.

The last one -

अब तक दिल-ए-खुश्फहम को तुझ से हें उम्मीदें,
ये आखरी शमा भी तो बुझाने के लिए आ।

What do i say ... the verse says it all, simply॥

-----------

Now I am trying to find out if I can get another ghazal by Faraz, sung by anyone. I dont even know if this one has been sung or not. I have just read it once today ...... and I am trying to get ot somehome. This one goes like - इस से पहले के हम बेवफा हो जाएँ... Lets see when I get its audio version.

Guess its time to retire to bed, I have to be wide awake tomorrow morning, to continue life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home