Inveterari

Nothing Serious - Just Life

Madhyantar se Mahashoonya tak
Saal ha saal ki tallash ke baad, Zindagi ke chaman se chhante hain;
Aapko chahiye tau pesh karoon, mere daaman mein chand kaante hai.

My Photo
Name:

The Ghost Who Talks...

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Burning Nights and Morning Blisters

The night is still dark and the morning is still far. Maybe another hour for the first rays of the day to break in the mayajaal of the night. I gaze at the hot night sky, black and burning, cloudless and harsh, covering the vastness of life beneath. The moon wasn't around too, maybe had wandered away looking for a shelter from the lava of summer nights.

Wish there was a single cloud around, showing hope. No, not in the hope of a rain, but to send a message somewhere, where there is abundance of rains already. In the era of emails and mobile messaging, I still recall the utility of a meghdoot. Wondering, if it really worked those days?
When Kalidas had penned Meghdoot, all he had the longing of a love filled heart for his beloved, and he wanted the cloud to take the expression of his emotions to her. The emotions are still the same, but the mediums have become far more faster and easier. The messages take fractions of a second to get delivered. So, for the modern world, the meghdoot is becoming redundant. But the amount of emotion a meghdoot can carry is much more than what a mere sms could ever say. Thinking of it, If there was a cloud around, to absorb my expression in itself, and move to a distant land, through mountains and plains, and just reach its destination. The wind would help to blow and move the umbrella for a brief moment that she would carry in these abundant rains there; and my meghdoot would shower and drench her with all the love that it could carry from here. O meghdoot, where are you?
Looking out of the window, the dawn is setting to break in. My eyes are getting heavier and my head spinning with restlessness. Looks like finally, the sleep will set in. The eyelids that had refused to shut down and now drooping down. The liquid in the eyes has dried down and the shoulders are feeling heavy now.
Life sucks without my usual sleeping drug, all night long. Guess I should catch some sleep before I start getting my morning blisters in my head.
Would post this when I get up in a few hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home