Inveterari

Nothing Serious - Just Life

Madhyantar se Mahashoonya tak
Saal ha saal ki tallash ke baad, Zindagi ke chaman se chhante hain;
Aapko chahiye tau pesh karoon, mere daaman mein chand kaante hai.

My Photo
Name:

The Ghost Who Talks...

Monday, June 04, 2007

Another Night .. Another Ghazal in my memory ..

रोने से और इश्क में बेबाक हो गए,

Just recalling a ghazal by none other than Ghalib।

This one is not as popular in recent times, as has not been sung by any contemporary ghazal singers, but reading it makes me feel that this is too one of the finest ones written by him.
The verse goes like this ...

Rone se aur ishq mein bebaaq ho gaye
Dhoye gaye hum aise ki bas paak ho gaye।


Crying in love has just made me even more outspoken about my feelings.... I feel I have been washed clean ( Dhoye gaye hum - typical hndi/urdu ironical phrase – Dho Dala type ), so well that I have become pure ( paak ho gaye)।

रुसवा - ए -दहर गो हुए आवारगी से हम ,
बारे-ताबितायों के तौ चालाक हो गए

and॥ the one that makes me smile....

Karne gaye thhe usse hum tagaful ka hum gila,
Kee ek hi nigah ke hum khaak ho gaye...


I went to her to complain about her ignoring me, but she just saw me once and I was ... khaak already ॥



Also another from Ghalib, very similar, yet distinct from the above one।

Hamne maana ke tagaful na karoge lekin,
Khaak ho jayenge hum tumko khabar hone tak।

Tagaful means Ignoring..

I know you will not ignore me, but I would be no more by the time you would know.. Khaak ho jayenge hum tumko khabar hone tak...


This one is from the ghazal - I guess this ghazal brings out the best of the feelings when someone waits for his or her beloved. As like most ghazals, it is a little over expressed, but very beautifully said. I am putting down the best three verses of this ghazal which I like.

Aah ko chahiye ek umr asar hone tak.
Kaun jeeta hai teri zulf ke sar hone tak.

Aashiqi sabr talab, aur tammana betaab.
Dil ka kya rang karoon khoon-e-jigar hone tak.

Hamne maana ke tagaful na karoge lekin,
Khaak ho jayenge hum tumko khabar hone tak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home