Inveterari

Nothing Serious - Just Life

Madhyantar se Mahashoonya tak
Saal ha saal ki tallash ke baad, Zindagi ke chaman se chhante hain;
Aapko chahiye tau pesh karoon, mere daaman mein chand kaante hai.

My Photo
Name:

The Ghost Who Talks...

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Dil cheez hai kya jaana

This is one of those old ghazals which became popular, thanks to its remixed version by Bally Sagoo. The ghazal speaks of the pain of love and separation. I would try to put my understanding of these verses below each of them.


Dil Cheez Hai Kya Jaana
Yeh Jaan Bhi Tumhari Hai
Teri Baahon Main Dam Niklay
Hasrat Yeh Humari Hai


My heart is just nothing, the life belongs to you. The only desire I have is to be in your arms, when I breath last.

This sounds pretty unrealstic to real practical world, but then, when one is goign through the agony of separation, it just feels so.

Roti Hoon Tadapti Hoon
Bujhti Hi Nahin Zaalim
Ik Raat Judai Ki
Sau Raat Say Bhari Hai


I cry and feel uneasy as it just does not pass away; the night of separation is heavier to me that hundreds of nights.

Phoolon Ki Qadar Poocho
Us Dard Kay Maaray Say
Jis Shakhs Nay Kaanton Pay
Ik Umer Guzari Hai


This is one of the most touching stanza in this ghazal,atkeast as I feel. It says the we need to ask the value of flowers from the person who has spent the whole night on thorns ( relate to the previous stanza ).

Only the one who has felt the pain of separation can value the happyness of even momentry togetherness.

Ghum Ishq-o-Mohabbat Kay
Chalo Pooch Layn Sadiq Say
Ik Bazi Mohabbat Ki
Us Shakhs Nay Haari Hai


The sadness of love can be asked by the poet himself, who has lost the game of love. The poet ( sadiq ) felt the separation of his beloved and penned down his feelings.

Teri Baahon Main Dam Niklay
Hasrat Yeh Humari Hai
Dil Cheez Hai Kya Jaana
Yeh Jaa'n Bhi Tumhari Hai

This gazal, ever since i heard it years ago, in its remixed version has been a part of my collection. I am still looking for the orignal version which I did not get as yet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sunday, August 06, 2006 12:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home