Inveterari

Nothing Serious - Just Life

Madhyantar se Mahashoonya tak
Saal ha saal ki tallash ke baad, Zindagi ke chaman se chhante hain;
Aapko chahiye tau pesh karoon, mere daaman mein chand kaante hai.

My Photo
Name:

The Ghost Who Talks...

Friday, August 04, 2006

Sour Grapes - Looking for an Ideal Deterrent

The idea of having a deterrent clicked for a while. I am thinking about it now.

But the deterrent I was suggested was future related, and I have seen, time and again, that there is no future. I mean, no one knows how future turns, so matter what seeds we sow at times.

So I thought, what are the deterrents in the present times ( rather than future deterrents ) that can pull me back to the closet. Thinking about vices, as talked, can be a good deterrent. Just the way, the mention of cigar smoking helped as a temporary deterrent, I can start looking for points in the present and reality, points that are factually correct and not likeable, points that I strongly dislike, and they may have an influence on me to deter myself.

I need to align my eyes to see a different perspective, that is negative, in whatever attracts me. It is like when I see that juicy burger in the McDonald advert, I have to think of that extra calories it is going to pump inside me.

Maybe when I think of the passionate embraces, an automatic trigger should start reminding me of the fact that .... hmmm let me think what should deter me from that .... hmmmm ... aaaa... oooo... ooops .. Cannot think of a deterrent for this one. LOL.

But yes, looking into the negative points of what attracts me can help me the most to stop myself. I feel sure about this treatment of what ails me.

It is like thinking... You are bad, instead of thinking.. Why cant I get the best ......

Its like behaving like the fox in the 'Sour Grapes' story... Remember that one?

I got to list what's bad, ugly, stupid, horrid, negative in people that I feel are the best, beautiful, intelligent, brave, and very attractive.

A new approach.. Hope this one lasts... atleast till you get over the fox in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home