Inveterari

Nothing Serious - Just Life

Madhyantar se Mahashoonya tak
Saal ha saal ki tallash ke baad, Zindagi ke chaman se chhante hain;
Aapko chahiye tau pesh karoon, mere daaman mein chand kaante hai.

My Photo
Name:

The Ghost Who Talks...

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Faith and Doubt

Do I trust most people I know?

Guess I do not. My strong intuition, coupled with my sometimes alert eye often gives me a signal that there is more truth that it meets my eye.

And do my doubts take me away from people?

Guess not really. I try to ask them the truth, and give them a friendly cushion to inculcate mutual trust. It does help.


I find sense in doubting the truth of people, but not letting it interfere it with my relationship to such a level that it breaks into a 'nothing ahead' kind of a situation.

Doubt is a natural outcome of indications we gather from our surroundings, and from our intuition.

I strongly believe that one has to learn to use his doubts as a roadmap to find faith and trust. Doubts are important, as they help us to seek truth. Never doubt your doubts, but avoid them to come in your way to happiness.

I have doubted my closest people, many a times, and then found that sometimes, my doubts are true and sometimes baseless. But in both circumstances, I try to choose the way that has proved to be smoother and less riskier. With time, all truth will come out. I try not to make my doubts become testing ground for my relationships.

Great thinkers have said much about the uselessness of doubt.

“There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt.
Doubt separates people.
It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations.
It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.”
- Buddha (Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.



I have often seen my own doubts melting away in presence of trust, that comes with time. I would rather trust more on my experiences in time, than the momentary doubts that spring up every now and then. After all, It is me who has to choose the way. Do I feel more happy and secure on the way to faith; or on the way to doubt. Often, in most cases, I prefer to doubt, yet carry on. Seldom have I let my doubts about people make me go away. Because I have learned that time does bring out all truth.


Just read somewhere, while looking for answers on the questions on Doubt and Faith.

Doubt sees the obstacles.
Faith sees the way.

Doubt sees the darkest night.
Faith sees the day.

Doubt dreads to take a step.
Faith soars on high.

Doubt questions "Who believes"?
Faith answers "I".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home