Inveterari

Nothing Serious - Just Life

Madhyantar se Mahashoonya tak
Saal ha saal ki tallash ke baad, Zindagi ke chaman se chhante hain;
Aapko chahiye tau pesh karoon, mere daaman mein chand kaante hai.

My Photo
Name:

The Ghost Who Talks...

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Tu Kya Hai - What am I?

Ghalib met me once again today, while driving. Just put in the music and a ghazal filled the car.

I dont know when and why ghalib wrote these verses, and what he would have felt, but the feeling in not really unfamilier at times.

हर एक बात पे कहते हो के - तू क्या है।
तुम ही कहो के ये अंदाज़ ए गुफ्तगू क्या है।

Not to tough to understand, when someone tells me - What are you? and I simply wanna ask - Hey! is this a way to talk?

ना शोले में ये करिश्मा, ना बर्क़ में ये अदा,
कोई बात कि वोह शोख ए तुन्द खू क्या है।

[ बर्क़ - lightening , शोख ए तुन्द -the sharpness of beauty, खू - behaviour ]

रही ना ताकात ए गुफ्तार, और अगर हो भी,
तो किस उम्मीद पे कहें के आरजू क्या है।

[ ताकत ए गुफ्तार - Energy to argue ]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks

Monday, July 09, 2007 10:56:00 AM  
Blogger Peccadillo Guy said...

Guess I should refrain from my expressions now if they contain a pinch fo salt sometimes.

Monday, July 09, 2007 4:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home